Re: GNUstep filesystem spec

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep filesystem spec
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:55:24 +0100 (BST)

> Actually ... I agree with you on all points above.
>
> When I said 'I see no problem' ... what I meant was just that.
> If other people want to document a preferred layout for where things
> are mounted, this does not seem to me to present any real technical
> difficulties. Nothing in GNUstep uses the server/user mounts, so they
> just don't matter.
>
> I consider the mounting of other servers and users as irrelevant to the
> network domain ... my personal feeling is that it would be better to
> keep the two areas separate (to avoid any confusion) but I don't think
> it's a very important issue.

I completely agree with you.

I've nothing against documenting a 'suggested' layout of where to install
servers/users dir, if we write it clearly that it's irrelevant to GNUstep.

Maybe we could put servers/users dirs paths in an appendix to clarify the
difference between 'compulsory practice' (mounting the GNUstep master
server in the GNUstep network domain) and 'suggested practice' (mounting
servers/users dirs in some agreed path).