Log4OC.

From: mirko . viviani
Subject: Log4OC.
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:54:52 +0000

Ciao!

The guys at IBN-italy and I are writing the Log4OC framework, an ObjC
implementation of the well known Log4j logging api.
Actually we have planned the following features:

o XML and pluggable configuration.
o Hierarchical loggers.
o Multiple appenders (console, file, ...) with filters.
o Custom levels.
o Support for loadable bundles to extend the framework.
o Log formatters.
o Object renderers to display custom objects. (not only strings)

This framework will be available for MacOSX and GNUStep and will be
released with a LGPL licence. If no particular problem arises, the
copyright could be passed to GNU for permanent inclusion of this framework
in the GNUStep project.

Any ideas and comments are really appreciated.

A snapshot of the library will be shortly be uploaded to ibn.sourceforge.net

--
Bye,
  Mirko