Re: GNUstep filesystem spec

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep filesystem spec
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 11:25:16 -0600

Dennis Leeuw wrote:
Adam Fedor wrote:

I've added a documentation about the GNUstep filesystem layout, based on
 some documentation written by the LinuxStep.org crew, on CVS at

make/Documentation/filesystem.texi

and also in the documentation page at:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/filesystem.ps

If you don't like the way things are set-up, speak now as it will be
much more difficult to change later.

Shouldn't CharacterSets, TimeZones and Languages be living in the Library
folder instead of in Libraries/Resources? same goes for TextConverters

These are really directories installed and used by gnustep-base. I think I could imagine a case where someone would want to install their own CharacterSet, so perhaps that should be more general. But the other ones really don't seem to need to be in a general 'Library' layout, since they would only be installed by the system.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you