Re: gcc 3.1 OK for gnustep?

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 OK for gnustep?
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:46:22 +0100

> GNUstep works perfectly fine (with one exception) on FreeBSD using the
> following ports/versions:

[versions snipped]

> The exception is, that with the scenario above, you will have to DISable
> OpenSSL support in gnustep-base - otherwise Apps/Tools will SIGSEGV when
> trying to access URLs (http and ftp). I'm not sure whether this is a
> general problem or is due to OpenSSL being compiled with gcc2.95.3...

Interesting - I have exactly the versions you describe above, yet I am
getting a coredump whenever I try and read a .gmodel file. It woorked
fine until last weekend, and I am still trying to figure out what changed.

Does your version load gmodels correctly and how recent is the source ?
Also, can you build 'base' which debug=yes, or does it cause a gcc
compiler error in GSXML ? I see both these symtoms on my current system,
which is worrying as its been fine under FreeBSD until now.

-bat.

PS: OS version is 4.7-RC2