Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possib Re: Th

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possib Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possib
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:44:56 +0200

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> Anyway,  I can  think of  dozens of  programs to  write  before adding
> themes...  For example, a  MS-Windows backend would probably have more
> impact on potential users of GNUstep.

Why this?

Anyway the great thing about free software is that everyone can do what is
most attracting (to her/him), be it themes for GNUstep, another backend, a
MultiTOS port of GNUstep or another crazy idea. Once it becomes interesting
to others they will automatically jump in and contribute in some way or the
other and the project will probably even more take off. Otherwise it will
die at some point and the discussion about it being useful or not will
become irrelevant...

...hence this discussion is IMHO wasted bandwidth...:-)

Just my $0.02...

:-)

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert     |  VNET# 559-1565
Core Rendering           |  Office: +41 (0)32 732 15 65