Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possible?)

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possible?)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:59:19 +0200

>  When Slashdot
It is ever funny !

>runs it's (rare)
> story about GNUstep, it gets a small number of replies, most of which are
> either "Is that thing even still alive?" or "What's the point of this
> project?".

GNUstep-base 1.4.1  Stable and GNustep-make 1.5.0, base 1.5.0, gui 0.8.1, back
0.8.1

http://www.gnustep.org

This is the current point of this project.

>I think that emphasizing the project in the Cocoa community
> is probably the best way to get a *large* number of interested
> developers.  And that probably means at least trying to make porting easy
> and appealing.

Or maybye  build a complete desktop with current application, release
everything
and say "GNUstep rulez da world, Unix & /. sux" while jumping everywhere

Or maybye write good application, write good documentation, make packages ...

Fabien