Re: GNUstep directory layout

From: Tim Harrison
Subject: Re: GNUstep directory layout
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 09:27:57 -0400

Dennis Leeuw wrote:

I had a good night sleep on this one, and I think I agree. I think we could
even be closer to the /Network problem as we think:

I had to adjust my glasses to be sure I read that right. :)

Quick, Dennis, we need to find something else to disagree about! ;)

/System -> resources supplied by the distribution
/Local    -> resources supplied by the sysadmin
/User     -> resources supplied by the users

Works for me.

/Network/<server-name>/System
/Network/<server-name>/Local
/Network/<server-name>/Users

This is something that I'm still unsure of. I know Martin has some suggestions about the management of /Network. My personal jury is still out on this one. I'm going to have a look at all the suggestions, and see what I can come up with. In the meantime, I'm going to leave it as it is. No harm, no foul.

Glad we agree on something though, Dennis. I was getting worried we'd never agree about the colour of the sky. ;)

--

Tim Harrison
tim@linuxstep.org