Re: Defaults being destroyed

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Defaults being destroyed
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:07:37 +0100

I kkind of had to skip over the earlier part of this thread in detail, but
is the general consensus that the fault is caused by not locking a file
wwhen the defaults are wwritten (and is this because the atomic
operations do not work properly in the file access methods?). Is
there any reason why we cannoy use operating system advisory locking to
do all of this, rather than putting in distributed locks ?

please tell me if I missed the point utterly...

-bat.