Re: Charsets

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Charsets
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 09:36:40 -0400

 I think you have to set GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING = NSxxxStringEncoding
 as environment variable so that Localizable.strings can work.
 I haven't test that for a while.

 Yen-Ju

From: Erik Dalén <dalen@jpl.se>
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Subject: Charsets
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 13:20:34 +0200

I don't know if this has been discussed before. But what charset should Localizable.strings files be in. The ones I've made myself so far has been in ISO-8859-1. But to make translations for most languages UTF-8 would be a better choice.

Does GNUstep assume that the those files are in a specific charset? if so, which?
the one defined in LC_CTYPE or in some gnustep setting?

/Erik