Themes GNUstep

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Themes GNUstep
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:38:55 +0100

Hello,

I am playing with themes on GNUstep, following the idea of the implementation of
Alexander Malmberg ...
But I encounter some problems :

- some informations needed for a theme isn't always available (as in NSButtons,
 the style (NSRadioButtons, etc.) isn't stocked, which render a theme
implementation
 quite hazardous)

- I must currently re-implement drawRect functions (or similars) to drawing the
widgets
 backgrounds, which  force me to reimplement the entire drawRect function, and
add my  code... if the code of drawRect change in the gnustep cvs, I must
update it in thoses  themes bundles. Could it be possible to have a dedicated
function for drawing the  background of a widget ?  which will be called
instead of the [backgroundColor set];  NRectFill (cellFrame); ?

I'd like to make those changes, but I don't want to break something ;)
So what are you thinking about this ?

Well, there is some screenshots available for the curious :
http://www.roard.com/screenshots/screenshot_theme5.png
http://www.roard.com/screenshots/screenshot_theme6.png
http://www.roard.com/screenshots/screenshot_theme7.png

--