Re: defaults randomly being overwritten?

From: Andy Ruder
Subject: Re: defaults randomly being overwritten?
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:23:26 -0700 (PDT)

Tim Harrison wrote:
>This forces me to inquire as to why all defaults are kept in one file?
>Apparently, this is historic behaviour, but if an application has the
>ability to completely wipe my defaults, that's not good.

I think Tim has a very valid point here.  Buggy applications happen, and I know
I'd be upset if all my defaults were erased.  Now, the counter-argument that an
application could just as easily wipe out many files is pretty bad argument.
Sure... that might happen IF and only IF that application means to.  It would
be pretty hard to believe that an app could accidentally open the defaults of
other apps and erase them.  Plus, it would be very nice to back-up defaults for
just one app without a lot of trouble.

Just my two cents,
Andy Ruder