Re: Current status of Cygwin port

From: Andreas Bohne
Subject: Re: Current status of Cygwin port
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:38:05 +0200

Am Donnerstag den, 18. Juli 2002, um 23:57, schrieb Fred Kiefer:

Interesting idea. Didn't I do this some months ago? At least there is
the win32 and winlib backend and this only uses the GDI. But than again,
you would know that better. And if this backend would exist, I would
have got some comments on it, wouldn't I?

Well - it sounds as you lack some positive feedback... here is one ;)
Some time ago I tried the backend for the GUI tests and some apps (Calc etc.), and I was really impressed! While it's certainly alpha stage, it was a a lot more than I expected for a first version. Even things as NSBrowser worked like a charm. Last thing I tried was getting the Project Center run, but while I got it to compile I got stuck with some runtime error (nothing to do with GUI). I just lacked the time to get any further, but I will try again as far as I get some time to spare (not too soon, I'm afraid)...

Keep up the good work :)

Andreas