Re: GNUstep on Darwin/MacOSX <VirusChecked>

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin/MacOSX <VirusChecked>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:28:15 +0200

>Here is the output from my latest attempt to compile. Here i am using
>regular 'sh'.
>

>GaelicWizard-Titanium% CC=gcc3 ./configure --prefix=/opt/GNUstep
>--with-library-combo=nx-gnu-gnu
>.
>.
>.
>Compiling file GSMime.m ...
>GSMime.m: In function `decodeWord':
>GSMime.m:238: cannot find interface declaration for `NSConstantString'
>GSMime.m: In function `selectCharacterSet':
>GSMime.m:249: cannot find interface declaration for `NSConstantString'
>.
>.
>.
>GSMime.m:3929: cannot find interface declaration for `NSConstantString'

Those `NSConstantString' errors are due to a bug in Apples Dev Tools beta
gcc3 compiler. Either use gcc2.95.2 or check out the gcc3 project from
Apple (with which it should work, the use of a custom `NSConstantString'
seems to be disabled - but it works).
AND: Please file a bugreport with Apple on the `NSConstantString' issue.
Apple already (several month ago) got a fix from an Omni-Developer (Timothy J.
Wood) which is apparently not included in gcc3 yet (tell them this in your
bugreport).

>make[3]: *** [shared_obj/powerpc/darwin5/nx-gnu-gnu/GSMime.o] Error 1
>make[2]: *** [Additions.all.subproject.variables] Error 2
>make[1]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.subprojects] Error 2
>make: *** [internal-all] Error 2
>GaelicWizard-Titanium%
>
>-- John Pell

greetings, Lars