GNUstep on Darwin/MacOSX

From: John Pell
Subject: GNUstep on Darwin/MacOSX
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 16:37:18 -0700

Hi all,
I'm having trouble with compiling GNUstep on Darwin.
I configured make as follows and it works fine. (I assume)

./configure --with-library-combo=nx-gnu-gnu --prefix=/opt/GNUstep/System

I 'source'd the .csh file. then I configured the base package. I tried many times with various options including exactly as above. then i make it. If SSL is enabled it fails when on the SSL bundle. if not it fails with ld saying "cannot locate files for -lgnustep-base" or something exactly like that.

Any help would be appreciated. If anyone out there uses/has built GNUstep on darwin I would appreciate any help you could offer.

-- John Pell