Re: Modal windows

From: mdurkac
Subject: Re: Modal windows
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 09:56:40 +0000

Hi

> > Of course, this behavior (that may  be needed in some occasions) is to
> > be avoided and preference should be given to non modal panels, because
> > of this locking nature of modes.
>
> Indeed -but thats a descision for the app designer to make. I have a few
> apps where theere are panels that alter some very fundamental parameters
> of the system. I want tosepanels to come upmodal so that the user cant
> do anything else until they hit "o.k" and all those parameters have been
> checked for correctness and submitted back into the code.
>
> Besides if it doesnt behave according to either the OpenStep spec or any of
> the other reference OpenStep implementations then surely it counts as a bug ?

I think, it counts.

With current behaviour I have no choice. I have to use non modal
windows, because modal loop have lost sense. In OPENSTEP 4.2 it is on my
own decision.  That is core of problem.

Problem probably can be solved by sending setWorksModal:NO to app-menu
panel, but it is necessary to seek through [NSApp windows] -list (or
there is another way to acquire id of menu panel ???).

--
Mato

Martin Durkac