Re: NSTextField

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: NSTextField
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:22:32 +0200

Hi Stefan,

2002 Jun 28 - 09:06
Stefan Böhringer <stefan.boehringer@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
>It might be prudent if you do extensive view manipulation which may
>potentially span several iterations of the runloop to remove a superview
>from the views being manipulated from the view hierarchy. Then you do
>your manipulation and readd the removed view afterwards.

Well in this case it is a call to becomeFirstResponder (makeFirstResponder:)
and then a mouseDown: which are invoked through in sendEvent of NSWindow upon a
mouse click in the anNSTextField. This hardly seems like an extensive view
manipulation :) It does span a runloop though because of a message to the
pasteboard server which takes the selection during
-becomeFirstResponder(selectText:) which I am proposing which is causing the
flash. So if you ever use NSRunLoops
performSelector:target:argmument:order:modes: realize that any subsequent call
to a anNSTextFields selectText: or any other method which might invoke a DO
method, will cause a runloop iteration executing your scheduled invocation,
before your current event is processed!

Later,
Dave