RE: NSTextField

From: David Ayers
Subject: RE: NSTextField
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:23:05 +0200

> > case NSLeftMouseDown:
> >    if (_f.has_closed == NO)
> >    {
> > +     [self disableFlushesWindow];
> >         if (_f.is_key == NO)
> >           {
> >             [self mouseDown: theEvent];
> >           }
> >  +     [self enableFlushesWindow];
> >     }
> >
> > will do the trick. I'll test it once I get home.
>
> Sounds like you have a/the solution to the problem.  I remember when
> working on the
> flush suppression code, wondering when it would ever be useful.  I don't
> think it is
> currently used (certainly not much), so don't assume it is bug-free as
> it won't have
> been well tested.

Well it works fine, and it (almost?) the solution, i.e. it works for
NSBackingStoreBuffered and NSBackingStoreRetained windows. The flashing
reappears for NSBackingStoreNonretained Windows. I didn't have enough time
yet to check against the OPENSTEP 4.2 behavior with such windows and rerun
runloops. Not quite sure when I'll get to it but it won't be too long. (just
not today (or rather tomight)).

I'll keep you posted.
Dave.