Re: referenced symbol not found

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: referenced symbol not found
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:39:12 +0200

Hi,

this sounds to me like you are not properly setting up dependencies between the libraries ?! If you use "THIRD" framework classes in "SECOND" framework, you need to link SECOND against THIRD, so that the linker can properly load the shared libraries.

Greetings
  Helge

bhaskar wrote:
Hi,
WE have a Aggregate tool containing 3 frameworks. The "FIRST" framework used(included) in both "SECOND" and "THIRD" frameworks. Now we have tried using the "THIRD" framwork related classes(Queue) in "SECOND" framework. Queue is in a framework called THIRD, which is included in GNUmake file. Ex. <THIRD/THIRD.h> we tried changing order of frameworks compilation: from : "FIRST" "SECOND" "THIRD" to: "FIRST" "THIRD" "SECOND" The following error has been observed while running the executable(Tool). We did not find any problem with compilation of the code, but it looks like the executable is not able to load the library at run time. ld.so.1: /usr/GNUstep/System/Tools/sparc/solaris2.8/gnu-gnu-gnu/AlarmServer: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/sparc/solaris2.
8/gnu-gnu-gnu/libSECOND.so.1.0.0: symbol __objc_class_name_Queue:
referenced symbol not found
Killed Please suggest if we are missing any configuration. Thanks
Bhaskar