Re: Failure in class lookup

From: Ravindra
Subject: Re: Failure in class lookup
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 02:52:32 +0530

> Yes - gcc 3.1 ships with a libobjc which looks up classes without any
> locking ... (Ravindra can also simply take libobjc/class.c from GCC 3.1
> and import it into gnustep-objc, if he's using gnustep-objc - I think) but
> maybe the bug will still appear somewhere else.

Can you provide some details about how to import libobjc/class.c from GCC
3.1
into gnustep-objc. We tried the follwoing steps.

We downloaded GCC3.1 from GNU site, but there are some problems while making
the build.
After that we downloaded GCC 3.1 for Solaris 8 from
(ftp://ftp.sunfreeware.com/pub/freeware/sparc/8/gcc-3.1-sol8-sparc-local.gz)
.

After installing this, we build the following packages
    1.    binutils 2.11.2
    2.    libiconv 1.7
    3.    ffcall 1.8b
    4.    libtiff 3.4beta 037
    5.    libxml 2-2.4.1
    6.    gnucore 20020622.
Does these packages will be sufficient and the version numbers are correct
or not?