Re: OpenStep & harddisk capacity

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: OpenStep & harddisk capacity
Date: 14 Jun 2002 13:02:45 +0200

Hi,

I've not had any problems with disks up to 20GB (and never tested
beyond). However, NeXTStep/Openstep do not support partitions larger
than 2 GB. You may allocate a DOS parition larger than 2GB which NS/OS
will then partition into chunks of 2GB internally, but I never succeeded
with this. I used the 2GB I got and used vmount to mount another 2GB of
vfat (DOS) partition (beware that vmount has a 4GB limit counted from
the start of the disk). If you have several HDs you can use 4GB for
NS/OS on each of them at least.

Best wishes,

        Stefan