Directory Layout

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Directory Layout
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 18:54:49 +0200

Hi all,

Just made some local changes to gnustep-make to try to improve the
directory layout.
The System directory now holds 4 (5) subdirectories:
Applications
Tools
Library
Documentation
(share)

Everything else is moved into the Library directory. One more thing I
would like is to move GNUstep.sh and GNUstep.csh to the Tools directory.
This is just a rough idea to get things more inline with Mac OS X.

Comments, ideas, flamewars...

Attached is a diff between the gnustep-make and my version. The big
problem currently is that base, gui and back need to be patched too,
which I haven't done yet. I first would like to know what people think.

I will be away for a couple of days, so give it some time to think it
over ;)

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw

BTW my System-tree now looks like this:

./System
./System/Library
./System/Library/Makefiles
./System/Library/Makefiles/ix86
./System/Library/Makefiles/ix86/linux-gnu
./System/Library/Makefiles/Additional
./System/Library/Makefiles/Master
./System/Library/Makefiles/Instance
./System/Library/Makefiles/Instance/Shared
./System/Library/Libraries
./System/Library/Libraries/ix86
./System/Library/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu
./System/Library/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu
./System/Library/Libraries/Resources
./System/Library/Libraries/Java
./System/Library/Headers
./System/Library/Headers/ix86
./System/Library/Headers/ix86/linux-gnu
./System/Library/Bundles
./System/Library/Colors
./System/Library/Frameworks
./System/Library/PostScript
./System/Library/Services
./System/Library/Palettes
./System/Tools
./System/Tools/ix86
./System/Tools/ix86/linux-gnu
./System/Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu
./System/Tools/Java
./System/share
./System/Applications
./System/Documentation