Re: Including resources in a GNUstep bundle

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: Including resources in a GNUstep bundle
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:31:08 -0700

On Wed, 22 May 2002 17:03:34 +0100 (BST)
Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
> Quoting from core/make/Instance/bundle.make -
> # The list of bundle resource file are in xxx_RESOURCE_FILES
> # The list of localized bundle resource files is in
> #                               xxx_LOCALIZED_RESOURCE_FILES
> # The list of languages the bundle supports is in xxx_LANGUAGES
> So I think something like
> Test_RESOURCES_FILES = MyImage.png AnotherImage.png
> Test_LOCALIZED_RESOURCE_FILES = Localizable.string
> Test_LANGUAGES = English Italian French
> (I added some images just to give you the full feeling) should make it.

I prefer a "clean" directory structure, so I usually have sth like:

  GNUmakefile
  GNUmakefile.local
  GNUmakefile.postamble
  GNUmakefile.preamble
  Resources/
  Resources/English.lproj/
  Resources/French.lproj/
  Resources/German.lproj/
  Source/

[..cat GNUmakefile...]

BUNDLE_NAME           = foobar
BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR    = $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)

foobar_RESOURCE_FILES = Resources/English.lproj \
                        Resources/French.lproj \
                        Resources/German.lproj
[...]

May not exactly be correct, but it works.

--
Chris