Re: a window for a tool

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: a window for a tool
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:22:44 -0700

On Tue, 21 May 2002 16:48:18 +0200 (CEST)
Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
> > From: Enrico Sersale <enrico@www.imago.ro>
> > Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:36:51 +0300 (EEST)
> > I remember that this was already discussed some time ago on this list,
> > but I've lost the mail :-)
> > Can I have a tool showing a modal window when it needs some information
> > from the user? Is an example somewere?

I've asked that a few months ago (as well?), but got no answer.

> Have a look at my filesel tool (you can get it from:
>      http://www.informatimago.com/develop/gnustep/index
> It shows the  NSOpenPanel or the NSSavePanel.  You  can similarly show
> any modal  window.

[... cat GNUmakefile ...]

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/application.make

[...]

It's not a Tool, it's an Application.

I just tried your idea on a 'real' Tool:

  GSFFCallInvocation.m:755  Assertion failed in GSInvocationCallback.
  GSFFCallInvocation: Class 'FooBar' does not respond to
  forwardInvocation: for 'methodForSelector:'

--
Chris