ANN: PlopFolio v0.1.0

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: PlopFolio v0.1.0
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 16:41:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I would like to announce the first release of PlopFolio - a clone of
Serence's excellent KlipFolio application.

PlopFolio is a RDF viewer supporting Klips ("RDF news channels") available
from KlipFarm (http://www.klipfarm.com). It works well on both GNUstep and
Apple Mac OS X and is distributed under the GPLv2 license.

You can see a full screenshot of PlopFolio running on GNUstep using some
Klips here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/plopfolio.data/screenshots/v0.1.0/PlopFolio-0.1.0.png

You can get PlopFolio v0.1.0 here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/plopfolio/

Even if it's an initial release, it should work quite well. Some Klips
have issues and need to be fixed manually (by simply editing the file, it
is a simple XML file). For example, the BBC Klip misses the </keywords>
which breaks the parsing. You can easily fix this by adding the closing
XML tag.

Also, sometimes, some servers return corrupted RDF files. They will simply
be ignored by PlopFolio. Under GNUstep, NSURL has issues with
Slashdot, don't try to use this Klip :)

I would like to thank Boris Anthony for the artwork, Fabien Vallon who
gave me the idea for this name and Chris B. Vetter for his extensive
testing.

Comments, suggestions or patches would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.