RE: Proposal question.

From: Bissell, Tim
Subject: RE: Proposal question.
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 18:23:04 +0100

>>> One of the things I found odd about the Users domain was that it was the

>>> only of the four that broke from the $(DOMAIN)/[structure] format.
>>> Having, for example, /home/harrison/GNUstep/[Library|etc...] was odd, in

>>> comparison to $((USER_DOMAIN)=/home/$(username))/[Library|etc...].
[...]
>>> Now, if people don't want to add extra visible directories to their home

> > > dirs, I can understand that.  Under LinuxSTEP, those directories exist

> > > anyway, so there's no harm.

Just a note - If a user has a networked home directory, and can log in
on MacOS X and GNUstep/* machines, then having a GNUstep/ subdirectory
helps keep the MacOS X and GNUstep Library etc. directories separate.

I have to have two separate home directories at home (one for OPENSTEP, one
for MacOS X) to avoid clashes between Library/OmniWeb, Library/Create, and
no doubt others that I don't want to think about.

regards,

Tim