Re: multilanguage environment

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: multilanguage environment
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:59:44 +0100

On Sunday, April 21, 2002, at 05:22 PM, Björn Gohla wrote:

i am having big trouble working with non latin scripts in gnustep, is there
nobody out there working with languages that use non-latin scripts?

Check the mailing list archives ... at least there is Yen-Ju Chen using chinese.

does
gnustep not use unicode to encode strings internally?

Yes, it does where appropriate. More importantly, the string handling API (NSString class) lets you operate with 16-bit unicode characters irrespective
of the actual internal encoding used.

i do have iso-10646-1
fonts installed on my system, why can gnustep not use them?

Don't know - rather depends on what you are trying to do I guess.
What do you have your GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING set to?