Re: Bundle installation

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: Bundle installation
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:54:14 -0400

Nicola Pero wrote:

> > > Since
> > > {s,n,l,u}/Library/Frameworks/FRAMEWORK.framework/Versions/Current
> > > is not in the dynamic linker path, the libraries will never be found
> > > and your program will compile, but it will never run.
> >
> > Of course, it wouldn't run anyway, since apps can't be linked against
> > frameworks with GNUstep (only the .so is symlinked into the libraries
> > dir, it seems). :/
>
> If you are silently reporting a bug, please provide full details! :-)

I discovered it while testing various methods of getting ld to put the full
path to a lib into the executable.

Take a framework I use in Preferences (PrefsModule):

In System/Libraries, there is a libPrefsModule.so, which is a symlink to
System/Library/Frameworks/PrefsModule.framework/Versions/Current/libPrefsModule.so
-- which is not in the lib path, so apps linked against the framework can't be
run.