Re: Application launching and pasteboard slow down

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Application launching and pasteboard slow down
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:29:28 +0100

On Monday, April 15, 2002, at 02:05 PM, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

Hi,

Application launching seems to be slowed down (very much). Also when
using pasteboard in application for first time, there is long delay
(about 10secs) after operation will begin. It is very noticable with
dragging. I am running a XDM session to another host. I think, this has
to do somethink with contacting gdnc and gpbs, but I am not sure. Here
is backtrace of interrupted application while waiting after launching:

If you have forgotten to start gpbs and gdnc, the system will try to
start them for you automatically, print a warning message to stderr,
and wait several seconds for them to start up.