Backend libraries missing?

From: Stephen Brandon
Subject: Backend libraries missing?
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:00:59 +0100

Hi,

I've just had a problem after recently moving to the new backend.

In any graphic apps, even recompiled I get the following when trying to run
them:

[sbrandon@tokyo TestXML]$
/home/sbrandon/TestXML/TestXML.app/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/TestXML:
relocation error:
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back.bundle/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-back:

undefined symbol: XOpenDisplay

If I add -lraster to the libs for my app and recompile, they run ok.

Looking at the libs linked to the backend bundle at compile time, I see that
there are no X-related libs linked in at all. I imagine that if I added
-lraster at that point that I would not have any problems... but in back.make
there are a whole bunch of libs - only they don't seem to be used anywhere -
not in my app linking, and not in the creation of the back bundle.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers,
Stephen Brandon
stephen@brandonitconsulting.co.uk