Re: New version of preflight.sh <VirusChecked>

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: New version of preflight.sh <VirusChecked>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:23:05 +0100

> Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > here is a new version of preflight.sh.
>

> Just some suggestions:
>
> It would be nice, for the critial parts that do fail, to have a summary
> at the end of the script (perhaps with helpful suggestions), so you
> don't have to go searching through the output to see what went wrong.

Good idea, I will implemnet this.

> Also, it seems like you took the autoconf configure output and modified
> it from there. I think it would easier to maintain and more portable if
> you wrote it using autoconf and let it help you generate the scripts (of

> course you would have to learn autoconf...).

That is true, i ripped of all the configure(s)(and learned a lot about
shell scripting this way). And I had the suspect that those where
generated automatically. Is autoconf complicated?

To everybody: I did not yet get a reply to the question which tests are
essential, recommended and which are just optional. I need an answer on
this to proceed.

Thanks, Lars