Re: Buolding nib2gmodel from CVS ?

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Buolding nib2gmodel from CVS ?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:15:04 +0000

> It's a copy. Just do cvs update to make sure your using the latest files.

O.K. - so I need to do a cvs update inmy gnustep directopry and my nib2gmodel
when things chnage. Not a problem.

> Probably nib2gmodel needs to be updated for use with the latest make
> changes. If you're just interested in translating nib files, I'd
> recommend getting the last release of nib2gmodel. If you're intereseted
> in fixing nib2gmodel,  keep going ;-)

O.K., I'll keep going :-) Basically the last release didnt translate a nib
file properly for me and I want to fix that. Not knowing the format of
a gmodel file is going to complicate that, but I am sure I can figure it
out.

I have other ideas too though - I belive you said it works by loading
the nib file and then walking the created objects tree to write out
the gmodel file. In theory this means it could translate .gorm files to
.gmodel files as well then ? So I am thinking that if I can get the code
from the Models directories compiling under NeXT/Apple OpenStep systems
then we would then have a way of building portable interfaces in
GORM that could be used on OSX and OS42 as well - which is one of the big
barriers to write one, run anywhere at the moment.

But I'll start by just getting it to build I think :-)

-bat.