Re: error building base

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: error building base
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 02:31:53 +0100

Chris Meyer wrote:

When I configure and build base I end up with errors like the following:

-lgnustep-base -lobjc -lz -lxml2 -lz -lm -lm -I.
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnustep-base
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [shared_obj/ix86/cygwin/gnu-gnu-gnu/autogsdoc.exe] Error 1
make[1]: *** [autogsdoc.all.tool.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/meyer/gnustep/core/base/Tools'
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

Notice that I am trying to build gnustep-base, but it is being included as a library when compiling the sub-project Tools. There was also an error trying to build the SSL project but I removed the -lgnustep-base

I thought that Richard fixed this problem in CVS some days ago. But it might as well be that it did not show up for me again after I did get base successfully compiled. This is easy to do: Leave out the normal make step and do a make install!

Is this working for anyone else or is it an error in my configuration or is it an error in the make files?

By the way, I'm using gcc 3.1 under Cygwin 1.3.10 on W2K.

Is gcc 3.1 with objc support already available for Cygwin or did you compile it yourself?

Cheers
Fred