Re: ObjcUnit

From: Björn Gohla
Subject: Re: ObjcUnit
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 21:02:51 +0100

On Monday 04 March 2002 12:27, Marco Scheurer wrote:
> Alternatively, OCUnit has been available on OPENSTEP since 1998 (before
> JUnit I think), and for GNUstep and Cocoa for a year. It's a direct port
> to Objective C of Kent Beck's original Smalltalk unit testing framework.
>
> http://www.sente.ch/software/ocunit
>
> Feedback about it's use on GNUstep is especially welcome since we
> haven't much experience with it.

i attempted to compile it on a recent checkout of gnustep, and hit several
obstacles so far. to be able to compile SenFoundation i had to make
OCUnitSourceDistribution/SenFoundation/NSObject_SenTree.h import
Foundation/NSValue.h, installing did not copy all header files. i also had to
copy some headers of SenFoundation manually after installation. finally i
could not find out how exactly tests are to be started much less compile any
of the example tests for lack of makefiles.

apart from all that i am eager to try it out.

diff -r
OCUnitSourceDistribution/OCUnit/SenTestingKit/NSException_SenTestFailure.m
ocdiff/OCUnitSourceDistribution/OCUnit/SenTestingKit/NSException_SenTestFailure.m
162c162
< /*
- ---

178d177
< */

diff -r OCUnitSourceDistribution/SenFoundation/NSObject_SenTree.m
ocdiff/OCUnitSourceDistribution/SenFoundation/NSObject_SenTree.m
13,14c13
< //b.gohla@gmx.de 05.03.2002
< #import <Foundation/NSValue.h>
- ---

diff -r OCUnitSourceDistribution/SenFoundation/SenFoundationDefines.h
ocdiff/OCUnitSourceDistribution/SenFoundation/SenFoundationDefines.h
37,39d36
< //b.gohla@gmx.de 05.02.2002
< #define class_getClassMethod(A,B) class_get_class_method(A,B)
<

- --
/* Nobody will ever see this message :-) */
panic("Cannot initialize video hardware\n");
        2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/arch/m68k/atari/atafb.c
pub  1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger)
<b.gohla@gmx.de>
     Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5  8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub  1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07