Re: GNUstep.sh fails

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh fails
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:11:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, M. Grabert wrote:
> sal:~/CVS/gnustep/core/make# . /GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
> su: /GNUstep/System/Makefiles/ix86/linux-gnu/user_home: No such file or
> directory
> su: /GNUstep/System/Makefiles/ix86/linux-gnu/user_home: No such file or
> directory
>

> A "ls -l /GNUstep/System/Makefiles" reveals:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         8567 Mar  1 20:22 user_home
>
> it is in the Makefiles directory itself!
> The ix86 directory exists, but it is empty.
>
> Is this perhaps a bug related to --enable-flattened ?
> I just used the compile-all script, so the error should be easy
> to reproduce.

I updated the CVS a couple of times and I tried to rebuild
GNUstep-CVS from scratch (also a couple of times);

If you use --enable-flattened (or if $GNUSTEP_FLATTENED is defined as
"yes", the GNUstep.sh script fails since it uses the wrong path to
user_home.

If you don't use the flattened structure, compiling GNUstep.sh works
and I was also able to compile GNUstep-CVS without problems.

getings max