Re: import vs include Re: Porting autogsdoc to OSX

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: import vs include Re: Porting autogsdoc to OSX
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:30:09 +0100 (Europe/Berlin)

HI, Richard!

But it has a minimalistic approach in supporting the MacOSX
Foundation, eg XML plists and HTTP URLs are added in user-level
libraries, not in the core itself, since this is *NOT* required at
all by the MacOSX Foundation API.

Ah ... but we are trying to be compatible, not just use the same API.
As much as possible we want to avoid having to locate and link
additional frameworks to do what on MacOS is all in one. Not that
there is anything particularly hard about linking in extra libraries,
but why confuse developers by providing frameworks which have the
same API but different functionality?

I do not see a real problem here. Apple and GNUstep use different build mechanisms, so we have to re-do that anyway during porting. Adding the GSFoundationExtensions framework to the project took less than a minute.

I would also like to see a OSXFoundationExtensions bundle(?) on GNUstep.

Regards,
Dirk

--

Dirk Theisen <d.theisen@objectpark.org>
Diplominformatiker

University of Bonn, Institute of Computer Science III
Römerstr. 164, D-53117 Bonn (Germany)
Tel. +4922873-4504 (Fax: -4382)