Re: thoughts on openapp

From: Sean 'Shaleh' Perry
Subject: Re: thoughts on openapp
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:06:58 -0800 (PST)

On 26-Feb-2002 Nicola Pero wrote:

>>      1 - the appropriate makefile(s) should be modified to create the
>> link.  Can the makefile expert step in on this?  (Is that you Nicola?)
>
> The idea is good, but if we can do without the symlinks, it's better :-)
> because on some platforms there are no symlinks.
>
> I think adding a one line shell script executing the application script
> directly (as in my other email) would be simpler (and maybe faster).

Seems sane.  My only comment would be do you want to just exec the binary are
run openapp from the script?  Right now it looks like openapp just figures out
the right path and execs the binary but if this changes in the future you end
up with two different ways to run programs with two different results.