GNUstep base library port to windows.

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: GNUstep base library port to windows.
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:48:03 +0000

I now have the base library pretty fully working using MINGW on windoze-xp

By fully working, I mean that I have the Distributed Objects system working ... which, as it's the trickiest code for portability, is a pretty good indicator.

The networking code is using vanilla winsocks (ie very unix like) and a fair
bit of work will be needed rewriting it to integrate windows messages and
non-network file handles with the runloop (which we probably want to have
for developing a native gui) -
but it works to let distributed objects servers talk to each other.

Doubtless many bugs still exist.