Re: 0.7.5 on Solaris 2.8

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: 0.7.5 on Solaris 2.8
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:26:06 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi,
>
> which version of gcc is recomended to compile
> GNUstep v0.7.5 ?
>
> I have problems with compiling on Solaris 2.8 Intel,
> with gcc 2.95.2 and 3.0.3 too. Has anybody any
> experience with compiling 0.7.5 on Solaris ?

I don't - but I saw another bug report from Jan Trembulak on gnustep lists
saying he had compilation problems with gnustep-gui 0.7.5 on solaris -
some linker error.

If you or him or anyone can shed more light on this bug, it would be
useful.

A thing which could be done is ... well you could use CVS to try find out
at what point in time building was broken ... that might allow you to find
the bug.  It might be pretty tedious.

Otherwise, inspecting the errors and trying to figure out what is causing
the errors.