Re: possible NSInvocation bugs

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: possible NSInvocation bugs
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 05:14:04 +0000

On Tuesday, February 19, 2002, at 06:16 PM, Stephen Brandon wrote:

Hi,

I'm just trying to get my head around the way NSInvocation works on GNUstep,
cos it seems to not be doing what it should.

I'm trying to do a "retainArguments" on an invocation that will be queued up and sent in another thread. The rest of the system works ok - it just that the extra retains are not being added to the arguments, and sometimes they go and get released before the invocation is sent - kaboom on the other end.

Thanks ... looks like a couple of bugs in the ffcall support. I've tried to
simplify the code so that ffcall and mframe versions of the code (and the
partially written libffi support) work the same way.  I've also fixed the
ffcall stackframe initialisation to set the arguments to zeros ... which
should fix the problem you had with setting an argument in an invocation
which had been told to retain its arguments.

Please try it and let me know how it works ... I don't have any test code
that uses retainArguments. If you want to contribute a regression test to
ensure that things work nicely, I'd be grateful.