Openstep in VMWare under Linux

From: Gerrit Van Dyk
Subject: Openstep in VMWare under Linux
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:22:44 +0200

Hi all,

Has anyone got Openstep 4.2 up and running in vmware under Linux?

I am experiencing the following problem.

I am trying to install the OS but when it tries to load the root device the
install just hangs.

I have setup the cdrom in vmware to be the primary slave IDE. I chose CDROM
as the device and then /dev/cdrom as the file. When the openstep
installation boots it does see the cdrom as it displays the correct volume
label and size for the CD. When it then tries to access the CD it just
hangs.

Is there maybe a way to create an ISO image for the Openstep installation CD
and then use this as the CDROM device?

I would also like to know which Network driver to use for the virtual
network under vmware?

I would like to use the SVGA Driver from Frederick Stark, but I am not at
that point yet.

Any help would be appreciated as I am a bit stupid with vmware and how to
set it up.

Regards
Gerrit van Dyk

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged,
proprietary to the company and protected by law. If you are not the intended
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.