Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re: Proposition for a Gorm feature Was: Gorm too com

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re: Proposition for a Gorm feature Was: Gorm too complex ??=
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:56:19 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:
It would really be cool if all that would be based on standard web techniques. Why not use CSS for encoding color information (like in XUL ;-) ? This way color schemes can be switched easily and it's quite flexible in configuration and understood by almost everyone.

Why is everybody always pointing at XML.

Hm, CSS isn't XML ? ;-)

Anyway, anybody is pointing to it because it's a standard syntax. I can easily process an XML file using python/perl/whatever, I can't do the same for property lists without significant additional coding/installation.

Greetings
  Helge

ps: I don't really consider XML plists "XML", IMHO they are pretty weird format for representing property lists information in XML ...