Re: Gorm too complex ?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Gorm too complex ?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:52:00 -0700

Stéphane PERON wrote:

Hi !

You are right Richard ... I need to know how appkit works to critize Gorm.

However ... I am sure that today many people don't use Gorm because Gorm can
not do exactly they need.

So, they are forced to program with other tools.
IHMO, I think before Gorm provide all we all need, and so could be usuable for
all of us, gorm should provide an option to generate files in other than a
.gorm file (I mean in a .m and .h).

I don't see why that's needed. Just to have a readable form of the interface to look at? Or to be able to edit it (but then you couldn't use Gorm with it again)?

I know Gorm is not very user friendly, but it probably has something like 75% of the functionality of the original NeXT InterfaceBuilder. Anything that it doesn't have, you can 'add' after you've loaded the nib or perhaps in an awake... method.

I know a lot of people still hardcode the interface, but almost all the interfaces I've seen *could* be done in Gorm, possible with a few fixups after the file has been loaded.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you