Re: Fwd: Why Cocoa source code isn't open? [terribly OT]

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Fwd: Why Cocoa source code isn't open? [terribly OT]
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 23:23:31 +0100

On Sat,  9 Feb 2002 22:42:17 +0100 (CET)
Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
> > > Just out of interest, has anyone tried porting an app to GNUStep? I can
> > > see a couple of things missing, NSToolbar comes to mind.
>
> Because NSToolbar is not an OpenStep class.
> You may want to implement it as a MacOSX compatibility toolkit.

No, I guess just because nobody did it so far. There are already some other
parts in GNUstep which are not OpenStep but Mac OS X alike. Also there are
additions in GNUstep neither available in Mac OS X nor OpenStep.

And yes, there are apps ported to GNUstep - i.e. GSBench, which originats back
NEXTSTEP ( by then called NXBench ).

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert