Re: NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 07:41:17 +0100 (CET)

> From: Daniel Patrick <dan@webology.org>
>
> I've added a NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle option to the NSMenu code...  Or
> at least the beginnings of it.
>
> I have a screenshot at
> http://www.webology.org/daniel/NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle.png
> and the patch is at
> http://www.webology.org/daniel/NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle.diff
>
> activate the style with:
> defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSInterfaceStyleDefault
> NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle
>
> the changes were made to the core snapshot of 1/26/2002, but the patch
> applied to today's snapshot as well.
>
> I changed the way new items are added to the menu if it's horizontal
> because the buttons were being drawn backwards (quit first, info last).
> So the index will be reversed on horizontal menu's, I hope that doesn't
> break something.
>
> Things I wanted to add but didn't for one reason or another:
>
> tear off submenu's.  It shouldn't be too tough to add a few pixels to
> the top of submenu's to allow them to be torn.  How many pixels would be
> appropriate?
> [...]

If  I  remember well,  tearing  off  Macintosh  menus is  done  simply
dragging (or  command-draggin) from the  menu out to the  desktop. The
normal behavior of Macintosh menu does  not allow for any place in the
menu to  click, because as soon as  you release the mouse  button in a
menu or menubar, the menu closes.

Now I can't say about MacOSX menu, I don't have used it yet.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around