Re: Unpcomming FreeBSD 4.5 release and gdomap

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Unpcomming FreeBSD 4.5 release and gdomap
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:59:21 +0000

> Do you use a GENERIC kernel or did you configure your own?

Own, but the behaviour is the same on generic.

> BTW. what NIC is it?

fxp (in this case a, couple of Compaq's) but its the same on several
others.

> Here at the office, I run FreeBSD-4.2 and -4.4 and haven't seen any
> problems. Same at home, where I run only FreeBSD-4.4. I might still

Problems I see are that the first app I open aftera  reboot cant start
gdomap properly.  I need to sart it by hand as root. That runs
O.K. but I see the warnings mentioned.

Do you not see any warnings if you run gdomap by hand logged in as root ?

> have copies of NetBSD 3.something and FreeBSD-4.3 (maybe even 3.5.1)
> If I find some time, I'll check those.

I suspect all those will do the same as they are all BSD 4.4 - so if
its going to be a hassle then dont bother, though the offer is much
appreciated. I;m going to go hunting throuhg the kerenl and see what I can
find out about why theres garbage in the interface list. Plus possiblt
produce a patched gdomap that gets rid of the warnings.

cheers,

-bat.