Re: QtDesigner/Glade

From: Richard Dale
Subject: Re: QtDesigner/Glade
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:48:25 +0000

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 2:30 pm, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 January 2002 10:20 am, Helge Hess wrote:
> > Richard Dale wrote:
> > > I think the Qt Designer format is too specific to the Qt toolkit to use
> > > as a AppKit format. For instance, here is a sample extract:
> > >
> > >         <widget class="QPushButton" row="3" column="2">

> > >             <property name="enabled">
> > >                 <bool>false</bool>

> > > It has the name of a Qt widget 'QPushButton', and expects it to have
> > > properties compatible with other Qt widgets.
> >
> > Why can't we map that to an NSButton ? I would expect that the
> > functionality of Qt and AppKit is pretty much the same.
>
> Yes, you could write Qt compatibility categories for NSButton and other
> AppKit widgets.

On second thoughts I think we might be trying to solve two different problems
here. I was thinking in terms of making an AppKit widget look like a Qt
widget to the Qt runtime. But I think you're talking about generating AppKit
code from a Qt Designer .ui file by translating the Qt layout calls,
slots/signals etc to the AppKit equivalents by a very clever variant of the
uic tool. So that would be using the normal AppKit runtime, not the Qt one.

-- Richard