Re: NSRunLoop different behaviour to Cocoa?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSRunLoop different behaviour to Cocoa?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:39:27 +0000

On Wednesday, January 16, 2002, at 10:10 AM, Stephen Brandon wrote:

Hi,

According to the MacOSX Cocoa docs, NSRunLoop:-currentMode is supposed to return nil if the runloop is not currently running. I'm pretty sure that this
is the only way to tell if there is no currently running runloop.

From the Cocoa docs: "currentMode returns the current input mode ONLY while
the receiver is running. Otherwise, currentMode returns nil."

That must be new in the 10.1 documentation ... it wasn't in the 10.0 docs or
the OpenStep spec.
I've updated the NSRunLoop source in CVS to implement the newly documented behavior. As far as I know there is no other mechanism to determine whether the current loop is actually running - so it seems like a good behavior to
have.