Example of a framework?

From: Kaelin Colclasure
Subject: Example of a framework?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 02:10:05 -0800

I'm new to GNUstep, so forgive me if I'm asking trivially simple questions. Where might I find a reasonably concise example of how to set up a makefile, etc. for a framework bundle? And once I have it, is it possible to have it included in a RPM as part of a separate tool? Are tools really bundled at all?

I'm in the midst of building a benchmarking framework for firewalls, and most of the functionality is in two tools: fwbcontrol which is run by the operator, and fwbworker which is spawned on all of the test hosts in a cluster. I would like for these two tools to share a common framework, yet they must be packaged (in RPMs) separately because they're installed on different machines. Right now I build a fwbench-control package and an fwbench-worker package. Ideally the common framework would get included in each... However, I would settle for having a third fwbench-common package if that simplifies things significantly.

-- Kaelin