Re: validating against a dtd with GSXMLParser?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: validating against a dtd with GSXMLParser?
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 13:01:12 +0000

On Saturday, December 22, 2001, at 12:13 PM, e.sammer wrote:

all:

is it possible to validate an xml document against a dtd using GSXMLParser? i noticed the [-doValidityChecking:(BOOL)] method (i think that was it), but no matter what, it doesn't seem to check against the dtd. i'm not doing anything overly complex - just like:

parser = [GSXMLParser parserWithContentsOfFile:aFile];
[parser doValidityChecking:YES];

if ([parser parse] == NO) {
}

etc...

am i missing something?
thanks in advance.

I suspect not ... I discovered a bug in that a few days ago, when I noticed that a parse of
an invalid document worked.  This bug is fixed in the CVS repository.

NB. to validate, the parse must be able to find the DTD. It does this by loading the DTD from a file, and you probably need to override the loadEntity:at: method to return the filename to be used (or there is builtin support to look for DTDs locally in the DTDs subdirectories of the bundle resources of applications, where the name of the DTD file
is the entity URL with all path separators replaced by underscores).