omni frameworks (was: Re: "external" frameworks (was: Re: GNUStep: An Ap

From: Jay McCarthy
Subject: omni frameworks (was: Re: "external" frameworks (was: Re: GNUStep: An Apology for Announcing Donation of Proprietary Software to the Project))
Date: 21 Dec 2001 13:58:37 -0500

I've been working on this port.

if you not on the license it says you may distribute patches provided
you say certain things (like where the original is and that it's
modified etc.)

my work in progress patch is at:
www.brunswickrecords.org/~jay/

although i have a farther along one that i havent put up yet.
the patch located at that address compiles on CVS GNUstep/Linux with gcc
3.0.2 (however, one particular source file needs a fix that's in gcc cvs
to compile because of a gcc bug that hasnt been in a release yet)

below i quote Brian Convey (an Omni Support person) in response to my
email asking about a port of OmniWeb to GNUstep-
> Jay-
> I just talked briefly with Wil about this, and his response was that
the lion's share of the app was available in the frameworks we make
available, and if those were ported to GNUstep, we'd be willing to take
a look at porting the rest of the app and/or revisit the issue.

> I'll be happy to collect the answer to any other questions you may
have...

> Brian Covey
> Support Engineer
> Omni Group

last week i sent him information about my patch and the address but i
havent heard back from them. i'm still working on the patch and in
particular i need to locate ( or write ) some code to test the
frameworks with.

i dont have as much time as i used to to work on it though... so..

-Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay@kenyamountain.com>